Looking to spice things up a bit this holiday season? Try this mouth-watering Pear-Rosemary Cocktail! This cocktail not only works for a Thanksgiving feast, Christmas dinner but as well as a friday night with friends!
The real trick to this delicious recipe, is getting the right pear! Yes that’s right, pear! There are tons of types of pears if you weren’t aware of already. This recipe however, calls for a seckle pear. The smallest of all commercially grown pears, Seckels are exceptionally sweet. So sweet in fact, that the bite-size morsels are sometimes called “sugar pears.” This sweet fruit is in season from September through February, and harvest begins in the fall, just in time for the holidays!
Time to Drink!
- 6 to 10 Seckel pears
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vodka
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) pear nectar
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sparkling water
- Put enough pears (that fit) into a 48-ounce glass jar, add the vodka of your choice & seal the jar. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 weeks (up to 2 months). Yes this isn’t a drink you can just make over night sadly.
- Next, heat up sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add your rosemary & remove from heat. Let stand 30 minutes. Discard rosemary. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Finally, fill 12-ounce glasses halfway with ice. Add 4 tablespoons vodka, 2 tablespoons syrup, and 3 tablespoons pear nectar to each. Top with 1/2 cup sparkling water. Don’t forget to serve garnished with rosemary sprigs!
Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month!
PC:Alison Yin Photography