Was your Thanksgiving feast a bang or a bust? For myself, it was a giant bang! Leftovers are still in the fridge and we’re not complaining one bit. Now it’s time to get ready for another great holiday full of family, friends, drinks and lots and lots of food! This post will sadly not consists of recipes, but rather our Thanksgiving menu and Chef’s notes. Let’s get started!
Crab & Lobster Bisque Soup
Pan fried Crab Cakes
Cheese & Crackers
Honey Baked Ham
Penne Ala Vodka
Saueeted Brussel Sprouts
Corn, Black Beans & Parsley Blend
Asian Salad & Ginger Dressing
Chocolate Pudding Pie topped with Whipped Cream
Banana Cream Pie (no bake needed)
Peach Cherry Pie
So much food all in one day,
I’m definitely forgetting something here, but you get the point!
- ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, bag your turkey! It not only keeps the juices inside and keeps the turkey moist, but also allows you to wake away and keep cooking everything else without needing to open the oven multiple times to baste it.
- Top your turkey with bacon for extra flavor before placing in oven.
- Along with the bacon, fresh produce & seasonings, stuff your turkey with your stuffing! Don’t toss the stuffing either,
- Place slices of butter inside the turkeys skin for that extra butter ball turkey flavor!
- Make a brown sugar, cinnamon blend to baste the honey ham with. Also top your ham with fresh cherries and pineapple slices before places ham in the oven to cook. This will not only flavor your ham twice as much but you can than eat the cherries and pinapple once ham is finished!
- Making homemade gravy is so easy! Just use the pan drippings from the cooked turkey & flavor to your own liking.