Limes rejuvenate the skin, keep it shining, protect it from infections and belive it or not, reduces body odor. Limes are a evergreen plant that belongs to the citrus family. It originates from Southeast Asia. Did you know there’s differtent types of limes too? Who knew! When making a recipe that calls for limes, feel free to subsitute it with a lemon. Because these two types of fruit have sour taste and similar vitamin content.
Types of Limes
West Indian lime, Persian lime, sweet lime and desert lime are some of the most popular types of lime that differ in size, color and flavor.
Did you know?
- Lime is small tree that usually grows to the height of 16 feet.
- Lime is rich source of dietary fibers and vitamin C. It contains 4 times less vitamin C than lemon.
- India is the greatest manufacturer of lime in the world.
- Lime is perennial plant with a lifespan of over 10 years.
- Limes bloom and produce fruit all year round. In the northern hemisphere, limes produce their greatest quantity of flowers and fruit from May to September.
- A ripe lime is yellow in colour not green.
When Drinking …
Don’t forget to get your lime slices ready!
Learn something new everyday!