Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
By at home baker & culinary student at Johnson & Wales University Jenna J Farnham
Peanut butter and chocolate…. what more could you ask for?
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1⅓ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat together.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
The trick is to roll your cookies and press down the center making room for the kiss. Then you cook the cookies BEFORE you add the Hershey kiss.
Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!