Strawberry Balsamic Salad
Sick of your typical caesar salads, or a house salad when entertaining guests or simply just having dinner with the family? Change it up! Practically everything in this recipe you already have right in your kitchen! Perfect salad to serve this spring. Let’s get started!
What you’ll need …
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head red lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried, and torn
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-wide slivers
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- To make the dressing, place the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a mini food processor. Pulse until blended. Slowly pour in the olive oil, and pulse again until thoroughly blended. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
- Divide lettuce between 6 serving plates, and top with red onion, almonds, strawberries, and feta cheese. Serve dressing on the side to please all.
Chef Notes: Don’t like or have any feta cheese in the house? Substitute with Goat Cheese instead. Not a major fan or toasted almonds? Change it up with pistachios for extra flavor & color too! Make this salad extra flavorful & add in some avocado chunks or toasted walnuts. You decide!
*Make this simple salad an entrée easily by adding a protein like grilled chicken. Not only will it make this salad more flavorful but more filling!