Mushrooms aren’t just found in the food store if you didn’t know this already. This tasty fungi is grow all over just like other fresh produce. However typically not in a farm. The types of mushrooms grown are endless. But for this post, we’ll keep it simple and let you know the top 10 mushroom you need to know about!
1. Chanterelle – Are known for their striking golden color. They are delicate in flavor and texture, work well as an entrée topping.
2. Cremini – Also sold as baby Portobello, are just a more mature white button mushroom.
3. Morels – This mushroom is super savory and delicious. Looks like a dead honeycomb.
4. Portobello – This mushroom is the most mature stage of the white button mushroom. It’s mild in flavor, but has a meaty texture.
5. Enoki – Look very similar to bean sprouts. However, very crisp & great in soups and salads.
6. Shiitake – They are savory and meaty. shiitake mushrooms can be used to top meat dishes and to enhance soups and sauces
7. Oyster – They are simple to prepare and offer a delicate and sweet flavor.
8. Button – Also known as white mushrooms, button mushrooms are the most common type you’ll find in the supermarket.
9. Porcini – A meaty mushroom similar to the Portobello, the porcini is often used in Italian cuisine.
10. Hen of the Woods – Crazy name for a mushroom right? I know. It’s name translates to the dancing mushroom. They’re rich, earthy and pretty dreamy.