It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? Don’t worry we’re leaving cookies out for santa & you this Christmas! Let’s get the kids involved and get the oven pre-heated! It’s time to start baking! With the help of at home baker, Marissa from Sweets & Treats we’re whipping up a variety of festive cookies for this years holiday!
Sugar Sugar Sugar
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Gel Food Coloring (your choice)
How to (Sugar Cookies)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add both vanilla and almond extracts and the egg.
- Combine dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Roll to 1/4 thickness.
- Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes & let cool.
How to (Icing)
- Combine sugar and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. (Add additional milk slowly at a time)
- Add corn syrup and extracts together.
- Finish with the food coloring of your choice.
Chef’s Notes: For a simple yet elegant look, top the finished sugar cookies with raw sugar for that crystal like look that will have your guests in awe.