Lemon Pepper Chicken
When in doubt, dredge it out! For dinner tonight we went for something filling yet healthy. Lemon Pepper Chicken with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions. The sides are totally up to you for this recipe. Anything really goes for this recipe. A simple baked potato, roasted broccoli or even corn on the cob. You decide!
What you’ll need
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 lemons
- kosher salt (to taste)
- lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- parsley (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine flour, lemon pepper, salt, and zest from one lemon. Toss halted chicken breast in the flour mixture until fully coated. Slice one lemon into thin rounds.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until golden on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken breasts.
- To the same skillet, add the chicken broth, butter, garlic and lemon slices and transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170° F and the sauce has reduced slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon sauce on top of chicken. Garnish with parsley.