The Naked Cake
We already know exactly what you’re thinking, isn’t that cake not finished? But don’t worry, it’s finished to perfection! It’s a trend bakers have always been working on. The “unfinished” finished cake. Also known as the “Naked Cake”. It’s a popular choice for those getting engaged like this couple or even a wedding party! Oh and for those not so good bakers, this might just be the cake design for you!
Wondering who whipped up this masterpiece? At home baker herself and friend of VISION, Marissa Schildt. She whipped up this delicious vanilla cake and decorated it in well … FIVE minutes! I know crazy right? She picked up the cake topper from an Etsy Shop and the flowers are store-bought FAKE flowers. So simple right? Makes you want to start making a cake for every occasion am I right?
Serving Size: 12 / Prep Time: 15 min / Easy
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and follow that by adding your vanilla extract. Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add to wet, mixing on medium speed.
- Alternate this by adding milk and dry ingredients to create your batter.
- Finally, bake for 30-40 minutes. (Makes one 10-inch cake)